Updated: Feb 25
Whether you are looking to kick start your property journey or scale your property business, raising money from private investors will help you reach that next stage. The challenge is for you to convince investors that you and your projects are worth investing in.
Here are 6 things you need to know if you are serious about raising finance from private investors:
1. A poor-quality investor pack does not necessarily mean that the project is unattractive, but it will make any project look unattractive. Do not allow your investor pack to let you and your project down.
2. Most hands-off investors are cash-rich but time-poor. Make it easy for them to do their due diligence on you by providing the information they need in a suitable format.
3. Investors only work with those that they know, like and trust. A well-written investor pack allows you to fast track this process.
4. The best time to look for money is when you do not need it. You do not want to wait until you have a project and you are desperate for funding to start looking for investors. Build your investor base ahead of time, to make obtaining funding easier when that project you have been looking for materialises.
5. Put your best foot forward by creating an investor pack that speaks the language of your investors. We often think about how to make a good first impression in person but neglect the first impression that an investor pack will make.
6. There is a high climate of suspicion in the industry, and the onus is on you to prove that you are a good egg. Everybody has heard about horror stories in the property world involving investors and unscrupulous developers. You need to demonstrate why you are trustworthy.
If you would like help with raising money from private investors, do reach out to us here.